IndiaLocated in the south of Asia, India is the seventh largest country in the world. It comprises of over 1.2 billion people and ranks second in the list of the most populated countries in the world. This populated country is home to multiple cultures, religions, festivals, and people. The country echoes the lesson of “Unity Read more
Tour review scores and score breakdown
Based on 1 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their tour of Best Of North Kerala.
- Value for money
- Program accuracy
- In Cochin, Kathakali Dance, Mattancherry palace & Jewish Synagogue
- Waterfall of Athirappilly
- In Guruvayur, visit of Sri Krishna Temple, a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Krishna
- In Wayanad, Edakkal Caves, Wayanad sanctuary & Kuruva Island
- Eco-friendly stay experience at Neeleshwar Hermitage
- Bird watching at Neeleshwaram
- Kozhikode, also known as Calicut – City of spices
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start From Cochin and End in Calicut
Day 01: Arrival in Cochin
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive towards hotel to check-in. Enjoy city tour covering Mattanchery Palace- gifted to the king of Cochin, by Portuguese in 1555, about 500 year old Jewish Synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, local spices market followed by colorful performing art – Kathakali Dance. Later in the evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02: Sightseeing of Cochin
After breakfast, Proceed for a full-day tour of Cochin. Enjoy city tour covering Mattanchery Palace- gifted to the king of Cochin, by Portuguese in 1555, about 500 year old Jewish Synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, local spices market followed by colorful performing art – Kathakali Dance. Later in the evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03: Cochin – Athirappilly (65 kms / approx. 1.5 hours)
After breakfast, Drive to Athirappilly. The charm of Athirappilly and Vazhachal waterfalls cannot be described in words. Perched high above the Sholayar forest ranges on the fringes of Kerala’s famed rainforest, the Athirappilly waterfalls provide a restful escape for those wanting to leave the hurried pace of city life behind. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athirappilly.
Day 04: Athirappilly – Guruyavoor – Wayanad (260 / approx. 6 hours)
After breakfast proceed to Guruyavoor, a famous temple town near Thrissur. One of the most sacred & important pilgrm centres in Kerala, the main attraction in Guruvayoor is the Shree Krishna Temple. Though non-hindus are not permitted inside this temple, exploring the streets leading to the main temple entrances is a fascinating experience. Get close to elephants at the Punathur Kotta elephant stable, which houses more than 60 elephants. Later proceed to Wayanad. It is a hitherto undiscovered location offering breathtaking views. Upon arrival check into your hotel & spend rest of the day at leiure. Overnight in Wayanad.
Day 05: Sightseeing of Wayanad
Post breakfast, Visit the Edakkal Caves. It is a pre-historic rock shelter formed naturally out of a strange disposition of three huge boulders making one to rest on the other two with its bottom jutting out in between and serving as the roof. Later visit the Wayanad sanctuary where one can find animals like sloth bears, sambhar (wild deer), elephants, monkeys, tigers, reptiles, deer, panthers, and many species of rare birds. Enjoy a rejuvenating full body Ayurveda massage. (Please note that children under 11 years of aage are not permitted to have Ayurveda massages for medical reasons). Overnight in Wayanad.
Day 06: Sightseeing of Wayanad
Post breakfast, visit the Kuruva Island, an uninhabited island, a cluster of them infract, in the middle of the expansive Kabini River. The island’s preservation and the eco-tourism around it is managed by the participation of the local population living around it and the forest department. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Wayand.
Day 07: Wayanad – Tellicherry (100 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)
Drive to Thalassery (or Tellicherry as the British christened it during the times of the Raj), a vibrant fishing town in the north of Calicut which is famous for the 3 C’s- Circus, Cricket and Cakes. It is known for being the first British settlement in Kerala and needless to say Cakes and Cricket were both introduced here by the British. Overnight in Tellicherry.
Day 08: Tellicherry
Day at leisure. Overnight in Tellicherry.
Day 09: Tellicherry – Neeleswaram (245 kms / approx. 5.5 hours)
Drive to Neeleshwaram which is reminiscent of the typical villages in Kerala. Closely resembling the huts found in the rural areas, Neeleshwar Hermitage is refreshingly different from the more formal places of stay. The resort faces a beautiful stretch of beach where you can spend the day at leisure. Enjoy a family bicycle ride through the traditional coastal villages where you can see boats and nets are made and repaired. Overnight in Neeleshwaram.
Day 10 & 11: Neeleshwaram
Days at leisure on the beach. Overnight in Neeleshwaram.
Day 12: Neeleshwaram – Calicut (175 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)
Drive to Calicut (Kozhikode), once the erstwhile capital of powerful Zamorins and a historical town. Calicut was a significant port for trade and commerce in the early centuries and the quality cotton, ‘Calico’, is believed to have originated here. Today you can enjoy a relaxing full body Ayurveda massage at the resort. Spend the evening at leisure. Overnight in Calicut.
DAY 13: Departure from Calicut
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Calicut airport for return flight back home.
End of Services.
|Wayanad||3||Vythiri Resort||3 Major Meals|
|Tellicherry||2||Ayisha Manzil||3 Major Meals|
|Calicut||1||The Raviz Resort and Spa||Breakfast|
Package Inclusions & Exclusions
- 12-night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned below hotels or equivalent
- Air Tickets & Airport taxes
- Visit of Wayanad Wild Life Sanctuary
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Assistance at the airport arrival in Cochin
- Entry Fee at the Monuments in Cochin
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours in Cochin only
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Optional activities are subject to availability. Charges additional.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- MONUMENT CLOSED ON
- Cochin – Jewish Synagogue will be closed on Friday/Saturday/Jewish Holidays
- Cochin – Mattanchery Palace will be closed on Friday
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitionsand long-weekends. A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
- Please note prices are based 2 people sharing. Single room supplements apply.